Terms and Conditions
Payment Terms and Conditions
1. CONTRACT & VARIATION. The Payment Terms and Conditions form an integral part of every contract in respect of the use of the facilities entered into by UK Go Karting (“The Company”) and The Customer. Unless specific alterations or deletions are expressly agreed in writing on behalf of The Company these conditions shall apply in their entirety. No variation of these terms and conditions shall be binding on The Company unless in writing and signed by a Director of The Company. No relaxation or indulgence which The Company may from time to time extend to the Organiser shall in any way prejudice or act as a waiver of The Company’s rights hereunder.
2. Receipt of either a deposit or full balance for an event shall constitute a binding contract (“the booking”) between the person named on the Booking Form (“the Organiser”) and The Company subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
3. PRICE. The Company reserves the right to vary any contract price at any time to take account of:
a. Any alterations in the specifications upon which the contract is based.
b. Any variation in the original order made at the request of The Company
c. Any extra cost borne by The Company as a result of any government legislation or EU regulation.
4. CONTRACT PRICE. Bookings will only be accepted upon receipt of a deposit, which may be either £10.00 per person or 10% of the full cost of the contract price at the time of booking (whichever is the greater amount), providing this is more that 14 days prior to the event and such payment shall be a condition of acceptance of the booking. Bookings made within 14 days of an event must be paid in full and such payment shall be a condition of acceptance of the booking. Full and final payment for bookings made more than 14 days prior to an event shall be made within 14 days of the receipt of the deposit. If The Customer fails to make the above payment then The Company reserves the right to cancel the booking.
5. Any deposit received is non-transferable and non-refundable.
6. All bookings must be paid in full prior to the event. Where full payment is not received 28 days prior to the event The Company reserves the right to cancel the booking. Any deposit paid will be non-refundable.
7. The Organiser is liable for the full race fees for the use of the circuit for number of drivers booked, even if fewer drivers attend.
8. Where a cheque is returned unpaid, bank charges of £25.00 and administration charges of £15.00 plus VAT will be levied.
9. Interest will be charged on overdue amounts in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
10. CANCELLATION. No contract shall be cancelled by The Customer unless agreed by The Company. Any cancellation shall only be accepted by The Company upon payment of a cancellation fee as follows:
a. More than 28 days prior to the event - Loss of deposit
b. Less than 28 days prior to the event - No refund
c. Race fees will not be refunded to any driver because that driver fails to attend or is withdrawn from the racing for any reason
11. The cancellation fee has been calculated to represent a reasonable assessment by The Company of the loss it will suffer as a result of the cancellation.
12. All bookings are made subject to availability. Bookings may be considered transferable in extreme circumstances but are always non-refundable (subject to 10. above). The Company does not guarantee the time booked and will not provide any compensation if any event does not take place due to circumstances beyond The Company’s control.
13. POSTPONEMENT. The Company reserves the right to postpone any event in the case of unforeseen circumstances.
14. ABANDONMENT. The Company reserves the right to abandon an event in the case of dangerous track conditions or for any other reason beyond The Company’s control.
15. The Company acts only as a booking agent for the venue you have selected and has no responsibility whatsoever for the running of the meeting, the performance of the karts, the behaviour of the staff or any other member of the public that may be present at your event. Should you have any dispute over the running of your event, eligibility of drivers taking part or any incident that you feel may warrant a request for a refund of monies paid then you must raise this with the staff at the venue on the day of your reservation. If you choose to leave the venue without resolving the issue it will be deemed that you are satisfied with all aspects of the reservation and you will have no claim over The Company, its sub-contractors, servants, agents or employees.
Circuit Terms & Conditions
16. Motorsport can be dangerous. Due to the very nature of karting there is a certain element of risk for participants and spectators. All persons entering the circuit do so at their own risk. All children under the age of consent must be accompanied by an adult and enter entirely at their own risk.
17. Unless written parental consent is presented it is understood that the chaperone take full responsibility for all children under the age of consent in their group and if first aid needs to be administered that they are authorised to give consent.
18. Neither the circuit owner or the circuit management nor any other organiser of events at the Circuit shall be liable for any accident, injury or loss howsoever caused to any person, vehicle or property or any claim arising therefrom.
19. Drivers must not consume alcohol for at least 12 hours before the event.
20. Drivers must wear shoes that cover their toes.
21. Spectators, children and drivers who are not participants in any event must remain within the designated spectator areas at all times and are not to venture on to the circuit unless requested. All drivers must be medically fit and not suffer from epilepsy or any medical condition which may prohibit them from driving. Karting is not suitable for anyone with heart or breathing difficulties, back or neck problems, pregnant women or people with a nervous disposition. The Circuit’s management reserve the right to refuse admission and/or to bar drivers from the track for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion. Any person considered by the Circuit’s management to be under the influence of alcohol or medication will not be allowed to race. The Circuit’s Management reserve the right to prevent that person from participating or to remove them from The Circuit and any payment already made shall not be refunded. Alcohol is strictly forbidden on the premises. No pets are allowed on the premises.
22. Because the driver is the only person in control of the kart the organisers and/or their agents accept no responsibility for any claim whatsoever however this may arise. Any driver deliberately or accidentally causing his or her kart to come into contact with any other kart, person, building or obstacle (not being part of the course) will be stopped immediately and removed from The Circuit.
23. The Circuit reserves the right to remove anyone at any time whose actions are, or could be considered dangerous or detrimental to other participants or the general public. Any damage caused wilfully by any participant will be repaired at the cost of that participant.
24. All drivers must attend the race briefing and failure to do so will result in the loss of your drive and any payment already made shall not be refunded.
25. For insurance reasons, drivers arriving after the safety briefing has commenced are not allowed to race and will not receive any refund.
26. Where an exclusive event is delayed due to late arrivals, the Circuit’s management may in their sole discretion and on request of the Organiser delay the safety briefing. In such case, the event will be shortened to make up for the time lost.
27. FORCE MAJEURE & LIMITATION. Where the event is prevented, frustrated or delayed due to force majeure (including but not limited to riot, strikes, natural catastrophe, adverse weather, power failure, fire, accident or breakdown of plant or machinery) or any other cause beyond its control, the Circuit’s liability shall be limited to re-scheduling the event at a future date convenient to all parties.
28. The Company shall not be under any liability whatsoever for direct losses, loss of profits, indirect losses or consequential losses of any type caused directly or indirectly by The Company, its sub-contractors, servants, agents or employees (other than liability by Statute that cannot be avoided) and its maximum liability shall in all cases be limited to the total amount paid for the event.
29. Notwithstanding the generality of the above, please note that all karting events are live events and may start late or overrun due to unforeseen delays. Any quoted “Start Time” or “End Time” is a pre-event estimate, for guidance only.